Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin carving challenge. Picking out the perfect pumpkin, dreaming up stencil ideas, getting out the tools that you’ll need and then placing the candle in your finished product to test out the spooky effect.
Pumpkin carving isn’t complete with the requisite seed roasting!
If you haven’t roasted seeds before, first ask yourself: why not?!
Then try this quick recipe below for perfect roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds to remove as much of the pumpkin guts that you can and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil (or other favourite oil) and give them a stir to coat the seeds as much as possible.
- Sprinkle generously with salt or your favourite spices. If you like to experiment, there’s no better time!
- Place on your oven sheet in a single layer and bake for about 20 min. Check regularly as cooking time can vary depending a few different factors such as how crispy you like your seeds.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container and they’ll last quite a while but odds are they’ll get eaten long before the best before date!
Pumpkin seeds are a healthy snack and can be enjoyed without the guilt you get from eating too much Halloween candy!